Thursday 3 March 2011

Musing on the day...

Strange day today...felt a lot better than I have for the last few days...neck is better and my face is no longer sagging on the one side - bonus! I knew everything would be alright again in a couple of days but I am shocked at how quick it has all happened - my only conclusion is that it is the power of prayer...so for the first time in ages I decided to pray a prayer of thanksgiving to the Father...

A couple of things...
Firstly, I had forgotten that prayer could be a simple thank you. I had gotten into the mind set of focussing prayer on peoples needs - which is a part of it, but i had somehow missed the part of prayer that is the conversation of a relationship. My friends who are praying with me have been encouraging me to speak with God and tell Him what is on my heart...I was going along with it and praying aloud but it was more a conversation between me and my friends and not God...I think I finally get what they have been on about!!
When they had asked me to tell God what I was mad at or what I was feeling, I had chosen to list the problems and not enter into a dialogue with God - how rude of me! I needed a reminder and today's joy at my healing was the catalyst...I am in a relationship with God and I need to allow Him in.

I also took a further step and spoke to God as Abba - not 'The Big Dude', God, His Holiness etc...but Abba...it felt strange yet wonderful. The term Abba reminded me of the special place I have in His heart. Must-keep-this-up...

The healing of my neck was also the catalyst that prompted me to pray this morning. I had woken up with a severe tummy ache and instead of the usual drudgery of thinking 'well that's it then, a day at work in pain...' my first thought was 'God, I am in pain and I am tired, I hand you the reins, please make this pain go away in Jesus' name. Amen'. Needless to say I have been painfree all day...so my thought process now says that if God can be bothered to heal my, quite pitiful physical pain in the grand scheme of things, what more could He do for my emotional pain?

So the lesson is...ASK God, HAND it to God, ALLOW God to take control, TRUST in the Lord.

'And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.'
(Luke 11:9)

0 comments:

Post a Comment