Friday 6 June 2008

How much do I love God?

With everything that I am...is my first response to the question but having been struck by a quote, it's really got me thinking.....

'I really only love God as much as I love the person I love least'
(Dorothy Day)
If I am the new believer that i credit myself with being then I have to love God as much as I can, I have to do whatever I can to remain in His glory and grace, not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to. This quote says to me that if I have murderous hatred for another human then I have murderous hatred for God. That's quite powerful and very scary.
If it is true then at this moment in time I do not even love God - I hate Him vehemently. This is definitely an area that I need to work on. I think forgiving someone is now possible for me, something I once felt was beyond my capabilities - so I am making progress in some ways. I guess I have to believe in God to continue changing me from the inside - removing my many stains of sin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment