Sunday 28 November 2010

I am not worthy

You came to speak truth in our hearts,
Repaid by Your land, You were pulled apart,
You knew what your mission was to cost
Your victory came when all appeared lost

Upon the cross, up high, You looked down
On people who placed on Your head, a thorn crown
Hatred and disappointment were Yours to bestow
But instead you speak of forgiveness that you want us to know

Broken and bleeding I see my sins on Your skin
Ugly and rotten, the price was paid by my kin
For as You died and cried out to our God
Your foot made the move and the first step it trod

For after Your pain and then Your slow death
You overcame and drew Your first breath
The breath of freedom and death overcome
The breath of victory, I am undone

All of this that You put Yourself through
All of this that You did, I am free by You
My sins are forgiven, I can live my life free
All of this You did, just for me

I am not worthy, yet neither should I be
This is Your gift to us, Your gift to me

0 comments:

Post a Comment